School of Social Work Scholarship for Indigenous Students (762200105099)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK SCHOLARSHIP
FOR INDIGENOUS STUDENTS
This scholarship was generously created by the School of Social Work.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Financially support Indigenous students who are registered at the School of Social Work of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be Indigenous;
- be registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program at the School of Social Work of the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate an interest in the advancement of Indigenous social work and Indigenous communities.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate and graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- proof of the applicant’s Indigenous ancestry; and
3. a letter from the applicant (250 words) outlining his/her answer to the following question: how will receiving this scholarship and obtaining your degree in social work allow you to contribute to Indigenous social work and Indigenous communities?