Alysse Weinberg Scholarship (722200305051)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Alysse Weinberg Scholarship
Alysse Weinberg, associate professor at the University of Ottawa’s Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute (OLBI), created this award as part of her commitment to supporting the University’s French immersion program, the Institute and the Faculty of Arts.
Professor Weinberg began her career in modern languages in 1980 and then worked as a part-time professor at OLBI, eventually becoming a full-time permanent faculty member. As a language professor, she strives to motivate her students to broaden their horizons, develop a love of the language of Molière and deepen their French cultural knowledge.
Professor Weinberg has been involved with the immersion program since it was first introduced in 2006. She went on to specialize in teaching the accompanying language support courses for the immersion program, usually for history content courses. She has also conducted research and published on various aspects of immersion education at the university level.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Financially support students who are registered in the third year of French Immersion Studies as well as in the Faculty of Arts, and who demonstrate financial need.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in the third year of an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered in French Immersion Studies; and
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
- Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
- Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript.