John Duncan and Deb Cross Award (712240303916)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
John Duncan and Deb Cross Award
This award was generously created by Mr. John Duncan and Ms. Deb Cross.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Allocate on a competitive basis to a PhD student at the Telfer School of Management an award for publishing a paper in a peer-reviewed journal.
The PhD student must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered in the Telfer School’s PhD program or have defended his/her PhD thesis within the year prior to the competition deadline; and
3. have a published peer-reviewed publication as a first author for research conducted at the Telfer School of Management (papers accepted for publication can also be submitted). In addition, the author affiliation on the publication must list the student as having been at the Telfer School of Management while the work was conducted.
Value of the award: $1,500 (first prize), $1,000 (second prize)
Number of awards: 2
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: PhD
1. The competition will be held once a year, with a deadline of February 15 of each year (in the event that February 15 is on a weekend day, the deadline will be pushed to the following Monday).
2. Each supervisor will be invited to nominate a student and select one peer-reviewed paper to enter the competition.
3. The supervisor will write a support letter explaining the importance of the peer-reviewed journal, the role and contribution of the student, the contribution of the paper to the research field, and why they believe that the student and the paper deserves the award.
4. The support letter and a copy of the peer-reviewed paper must be sent by email to Recherche.Research@telfer.uOttawa.ca .