Arcade Guindon Scholarship (721200103909)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
The Arcade Guindon Scholarship was established in December 2001 in honour of Arcade Guindon who was a professor and prefect of discipline from 1933 until 1945 and director of the Alumni Association from 1946 to 1973. During his tenure at the University he was responsible for the student newspaper La Rotonde as well as Director of the Société des débats français. He retired in 1973 and lived at Maison de l’Assomption in Ottawa, until his death in 1989.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The purpose of the fund is to recognize the special merit of an incoming undergraduate student whose work and commitment are an exceptional reflection of the values and objectives of the University of Ottawa. It also underscores and recognizes intellectual, physical and social growth.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- demonstrate language proficiency in both of Canada’s official languages;
- be admitted full-time for the upcoming academic year at the University of Ottawa;
- have an admission average of at least 75 %;
- promote francophonie through community and/or academic activities conducted by the candidate; and
- demonstrate an active life, through participation in activities such as community involvement, volunteer work, sports or cultural activities, etc.
Value of the Award: Minimum $5,000
Number of Awards: One
Frequency of the Award: Annual, non-renewable
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: March 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s high school transcript; and
- two letters of recommendation: one from the academic field and one from the community.