uOttawa Alumni Association Mobility CO-OP Scholarship (722200103905)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
uOttawa Alumni Association Mobility CO-OP Scholarship
In keeping with the objectives of the uOttawa Alumni Association, the Mobility CO-OP Scholarship was established in 2017 to encourage and support CO-OP students on work placements outside of Ottawa in twelve priority regions in Canada (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary) and internationally (New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, London, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai).
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to a CO-OP student doing a work placement in one of the following areas: Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, London (England), Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant;
2. be registered as an undergraduate CO-OP student at the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate proficiency in both English and French;
4. doing a CO-OP work placement in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area, London (England), Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai; and
5. have a CGPA of at least 7.5.
Value of the award: $2,000 (work placement in Canada)
$3,000 (work placement outside of Canada)
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 30
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through www.uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include:
1. a copy of the applicant’s transcript;
2. a confirmation of the work placement to be completed by the applicant in one of the above-mentioned areas;
3. a letter from the applicant attesting their personal characteristics and experience that qualify the applicant for this award; and
4. a letter of recommendation from an academic field relevant to the applicant’s CO-OP program.