Zonta Club of Ottawa's Mature Student Bursary (722200103879)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Zonta Club of Ottawa’s Mature Student Bursary
This bursary was established by the Zonta Club of Ottawa, a business and professional women’s service club affiliated with Zonta International. Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a worldwide service organization of executives in business and the professions who work to improve the legal, political and economic status of women. Members of the Zonta Club of Ottawa, which was established in 1929, contribute annually to UNIFEM (United Nations Development Fund for Women) and to Zonta=s Amelia Earhart fellowship awards for graduate studies in aero-space-related studies and engineering. Locally, they raise funds for various community projects and for bursaries that they award to mature female students enrolled in university and to talented young women intending to pursue a career in the visual arts.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The Zonta Club of Ottawa’s Mature Student Bursary was set up to provide financial assistance to a mature female full-time student who is a resident of the National Capital Region (either in Ontario or Québec), who is registered in an undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa and who recently picked her studies back up after an interruption.
The applicant must:
1. be a mature female full-time student who recently picked her studies back up after an interruption;
2. be a resident of the National Capital Region (either in Ontario or Québec);
3. be registered in an undergraduate program at the University of Ottawa;
4. have successfully completed high school; and
5. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Office of the University of Ottawa.
Value of the award: Variable
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Services
Application deadline: February 1st
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. a copy of the applicant’s high school and university (if applicable) transcripts;
2. a cover letter, not exceeding one page, outlining the applicant’s age, her career goals, when she picked her studies back up and how she intends to use a Zonta bursary;
3. a letter of recommendation from a professor; and
4. a letter of recommendation from an employer or teacher