Science Students' Association Bursary for Science Learning Tools - Fall (722200303870)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUNDTITLE OF ANNUAL FUNDScience Students’ Association Bursary for
Science Learning ToolsA Science Students’ Association ScholarshipINTRODUCTION
These funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award scholarships to deserving Faculty of Science students.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
4. need to purchase learning tools as part of their science courses.
Value of the award: Variable
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Twice a year (once during the fall semester and once during the winter semester)
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 1 and February 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
3. a proof of purchase of a learning tool to be used as part of their science courses.