Winslow-Tremblay Scholarship (712220103869)
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF  )
This scholarship was created by Donna J. Winslow and André Tremblay of the Faculty of Social Sciences to encourage applied research in anthropology and sociology. The late professor Donna Winslow taught in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology from July 1, 1992 to July 30, 2000.
The donors thank the Alumni Association and the Government of Ontario for their matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students registered at the School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ottawa, whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered full-time to a graduate program at the School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Ottawa;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. demonstrate the intent to use empirical research in their thesis or research paper.
Value of the award: Minimum $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter from the applicant describing his/her interest for empirical research in anthropology or sociology and how he/she plans on integrating it in his/her thesis or research paper.