Stavros Niarchos Foundation Scholarship (761100203861)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Stavros Niarchos Foundation Scholarship
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation established the scholarship in 2012, in celebration of the 70th anniversary of Greece-Canada relations, with the aim to assist Greek students at a critical time for Greece in pursuing studies at the University of Ottawa.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF) is one of the world’s leading international philanthropic organizations, making grants in the areas of arts and culture, education, health and medicine, and social welfare. The Foundation funds organizations and projects that exhibit strong leadership and sound management and are expected to achieve a broad, lasting and positive social impact. The Foundation also seeks actively to support projects that facilitate the formation of public-private partnerships as effective means for serving public welfare.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation and the University of Ottawa wish to thank Robert Peck, Canada’s Ambassador to Greece (2011- 2015) for his key role in establishing the SNF Scholarship.
PURPOSE OF FUND
In an effort to address concerns associated with the impact of the socioeconomic crisis in Greece in existence when this fund was established and that it may lead to the loss of excellent scholars, the purpose of this fund is to provide an opportunity for scholars who have completed their high school or university undergraduate studies at an institution in Greece to pursue a degree at the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be an international student;
- have completed their high school or university undergraduate studies at an institution in Greece;
- be accepted and thereafter registered as a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate academic excellence during the admission process.
Value of the award: Minimum $10,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Renewable: One year (must maintain good academic standing and full-time status)
Level or program of study: Undergraduate and graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: March 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and must include a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript from a high school or university in Greece.