Science Students' Association K'leigh Cundall Community and School Spirit Award (722200303854)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Science Students’ Association K’leigh Cundall
Community and School Spirit Award
This award was established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum, while Professor Christian Detellier was Dean of the Faculty of Science. It was endowed in 2016, while Dr. Steve Perry was Dean.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Allocate an award to deserving Faculty of Science undergraduate students who demonstrate community involvement and/or active spirit and involvement in the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- demonstrate community involvement and/or active spirit and involvement in the University of Ottawa; and
- be in good academic standing.
- Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: May 1
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Stewardship;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- a letter from the applicant (max. 500 words) detailing their community involvement and/or active spirit and involvement in the University of Ottawa, as well as explaining why they embody the spirit of the award.