Claude Laguë Entrepreneurial Student of the Year Award (762200303853)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Claude Laguë Entrepreneurial Student of the year award
This award was created in honour of Dr. Claude Laguë for his remarkable contributions to the Faculty of Engineering, during his 10-year term as Dean.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Allocate an award to a student or a team of students who have made a significant impact on the quality, visibility and overall spirit of entrepreneurship in the Faculty of Engineering.
The candidate must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time or part-time to an undergraduate or graduate program at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Ottawa;
- be in good academic standing; and
- have made a significant impact on the quality, visibility and overall spirit of entrepreneurship in the Faculty of Engineering during the 12-month period before the application deadline. Contributions to all aspects of entrepreneurship will be considered. The entrepreneurial contribution being recognized must have benefited the University or its students in a significant manner.
Note: In the case of a team of students, each student must meet the above-mentioned criteria.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000 (should a team of students be selected as the recipients, the entire amount of the award will be equally divided among members)
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual, provided that the Selection Committee could identify at least one individual or team candidacy that meets all eligibility and awarding criteria.
Level or program of study: Undergraduate or Graduate
Application contact: Faculty of Engineering
Application deadline: February 28
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries (one application per person, or per team), which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and must include:
- the applicant or applicants’ Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a non-official copy of the applicant or applicants’ academic transcript;
- a letter from the applicant or applicants detailing how they have made a significant impact on the quality, visibility and overall spirit of entrepreneurship in the Faculty of Engineering during 12-month period before the application deadline; and
- two letters of recommendation supporting the application.