Physical Geography Graduate Student Scholarship (712020103852)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Physical Geography Graduate Student Scholarship
This scholarship was created by Dr. Peter G. Johnson and Dr. Antoni G. Lewkowicz, from the Department of Geography, Environment and Geomatics at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa.
The donors thank the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to graduate students registered in the Physical Geography program at the University of Ottawa, whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered as a full-time student focusing on physical geography in a graduate program in the Department of Geography, Environment and Geomatics of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate academic excellence;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
- be a resident of Ontario, as per OSAP rules;
- may not hold a major external scholarship (i.e. FCAR; NSERC; OGS); and,
- have completed less than 2 years if registered in the Master’s program at the time of application; and less than 4 years if registered in the PhD program at the time of application.
Value of the award: Variable
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program