Rovinescu Award of Excellence for Community Service (742200302859)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Rovinescu Award of Excellence for Community Service
This award was generously created by Mr. Calin Rovinescu, a graduate of the Class of 1980 of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section and the 14th Chancellor of the University of Ottawa, and Mrs. Elaine Rovinescu.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Allocate an award to students at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section or Civil Law Section, or students participating in the School of Government program, in recognition of their outstanding community service.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student at the University of Ottawa in a program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section or Civil Law Section, or in the School of Government program; and
3. have demonstrated excellence through a variety of community service activities in diverse environments and communities.
Value of the award: Minimum $2,500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
2. two letters of recommendation from supervisors who can attest to the applicant’s excellent community service.