Martine Lagacé Scholarship in Communication and Psychology (722200302848)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Martine Lagacé Scholarship in
Communication and Psychology
This scholarship was generously created by Martine Lagacé, professor at the Department of Communication of the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to an undergraduate student registered to a program at the Department of Communication, or registered in the 3rd or 4 th year of a psychology program at the School of Psychology, and who demonstrates an interest in the aging phenomenon.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time undergraduate student to a communication program at the Department of Communication OR in the 3rd or 4 th year of a psychology program at the School of Psychology;
3. conduct research on the aging phenomenon as part of their program (the research can be conducted as part of an end-of-term project, an internship, a thesis, etc.);
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. have a CGPA of at least 7.0.
Value of the award: $2,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
3. a letter from the applicant detailing the research conducted on the aging phenomenon as part of their program.