Admission Scholarship - Doctorate (711130307037)
Admission scholarship - Doctorate
PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Ottawa is proud to offer a scholarship program that recognizes the excellence of its students by providing an admission scholarship for students who are admitted in a full-time Doctoral program.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status, a member of the diplomatic corps or an international student;
- have an admission average of 8.0/10 or above, calculated in accordance with the University of Ottawa’s regulation; and,
- be enrolled full-time in a Doctoral program.
Value of the award: $72,000 ($18,000/yr over a period of four years)
This financial support has two components:
- A scholarship of $ 9,000 per year, paid by the Office of the Vice-Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies in payments of $ 3,000 / term for the first 12 consecutive terms; and,
- A second component offered by the academic unit in the form of assistantships or internal scholarships of a minimum value of $ 9,000 per year for four years. Please consult your academic unit for more details.
Frequency of the award: At the time of admission
Level or program of study: Doctorate
Application contact: Graduate Studies Office of your Faculty
Important: Students who receive a scholarship from an external source (e.g., CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC,OGS, FRG), will receive or continue to receive the first component of the Admission Scholarship. However, if a second component is offered by their academic unit or another internal source, it will be optional for the period of validity of the external scholarship. The total value of the second component can therefore be reduced accordingly. Decisions are made by each faculty.
No application is required for this scholarship. All candidates will automatically be considered for it at the time of admission.
The information on this page is subject to change without notice and does not represent a
commitment from the University of Ottawa.