Torkin Manes LLP Academic Excellence and Community Service Award (742200301606)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Torkin Manes LLP Academic Excellence
and Community Service Award
This fund was established in 2003 by Torkin Manes LLP, a firm of approximately 90 lawyers, together with a strong support staff of paralegals and assistants. The firm carries on a diversified practice in almost all areas of the law through its many practice groups.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To give an annual award to a student registered full-time in the 3rd year of the JD program. The award is granted on the basis of financial need and community involvement.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in the 3rd year of the JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
- have a good academic record; and
- be involved in community or university service.
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: JD program
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
the Financial Questionnaire;
a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries.