Science Students' Association Council Award (722200301676)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
TITLE OF ANNUAL FUND
SSA General Council Award
A Science Students’ Association Scholarship
These funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award scholarships to deserving Faculty of Science students.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- demonstrate a high level of leadership and initiative within the SSA General Council; and
- be in good academic standing.
Note: Applicants must be on the General Council the year they are applying for the award, and are still eligible for the award even if they are executive members the following year, as long as they are not on the Scholarships Committee.
Value of the award: $500
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
2. a letter from the applicant (min. 250 words) detailing what the SSA means to them.
Note: Executive members of the SSA cannot apply for this award.