Research Award in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease (712240302793)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Research Award in Pediatric Inflammatory bowel disease
This award was generously created by Dr. Alain Stintzi of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide an award to a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology of the Faculty of Medicine whose research is primarily focused on the study of the role of the gut microbiota in the pathogenesis of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time graduate student or as a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology of the Faculty of Medicine; and
- be conducting research primarily focused on the study of the role of the gut microbiota in the pathogenesis of pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
Value of the award: $1,700
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate and Postdoctoral
Application contact: Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office, Faculty of Medicine
Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- a letter from the applicant detailing the research he/she is conducting; and
- a letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor.