Science Students' Association Award for Research Excellence (722200301677)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
TITLE OF ANNUAL FUND
Award for Research Excellence
A Science Students’ Association Scholarship
These funds were established in 2003 by the Science Students’ Association in accordance with the results of its 2002 referendum. These scholarships are to be made available for Faculty of Science undergraduate students.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To award scholarships to deserving Faculty of Science students.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered full-time in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
- be registered for the upcoming Fall term;
- demonstrate excellence in undergraduate research at the University of Ottawa; and
- be in good academic standing.
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- a letter from the applicant (min. 250 words) detailing the potential research contributions of their project, and what they have learned from their experience;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- a letter of reference from the supervising professor, along with coordinates.