J.A. Perras Fund (OSOTF) (762220101096)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS)
J.A. Perras Fund
This fund was established by Raymond Perras (BA ‘69, BASc ‘72), president of Consultations Repars. Mr. Perras played for the University football team in 1968 and 1969. Upon establishing the fund in 1997, he was a member of the hockey and football coaching staffs at the University; he was also a member of the Board of Governors, a member of the Board of the Alumni Association and a member of the Board of the 13th Man Chapter, which groups former football Gee-Gees. With this fund, Mr. Perras wanted to honour the memory of his father, J.A. Perras.
The donor thanks the Government of Ontario, which helped to create this fund through its generous matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to accomplished student athletes playing for the football team, the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the women’s hockey team at the University of Ottawa; preference is given to students in science, health sciences or in engineering.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be registered full-time at the University of Ottawa as a student athlete (as defined by USports, OUA and RSEQ). Preference will be given to students from the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Engineering or the Faculty of Health Sciences;
- be a member of the Gee-Gees football team, men’s or women’s basketball team or women’s hockey team at the University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules; and
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
Note: Priority will be given to students who are francophone and/or studying in French.
- Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000
- Number of Awards: Minimum two, with priority to student athletes in the football team and the women’s hockey team
- Frequency of the Award: Annual
- Level of the Award: Undergraduate and Graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: June 1st
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.
 OTSS: Ontario Trust Student Support
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program
To be considered for this scholarship, you must apply through the << Varsity Student-Athletes Scholarship (99935)