Reverend Monseigneur Giuseppe Antonio Sbrocchi Scholarship Fund (722220102251)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS  )
Reverend Monseigneur Giuseppe Antonio Sbrocchi Scholarship Fund
This fund was established by Dr. Leonard G. Sbrocchi, a retired professor of the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the University of Ottawa, as a tribute to his brother, Monseigneur Giuseppe Antonio Sbrocchi.
The donor thanks both the University of Ottawa and the government of Ontario which helped create this fund through their generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to deserving undergraduate students registered to at least one course in Italian Studies at the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, and whose studies might otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as an undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa;
3. be registered, at the time of application, in at least one course in Italian Studies at the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures;
4. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
5. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
6. have a minimum CGPA of 8.0.
Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. an unofficial copy of the applicant’s University of Ottawa transcript.