Nancy J. Gormley R.N. Scholarship Fund (712220101260)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Nancy J. Gormley, R.N., Scholarship Fund
This fund was established in 1997 by Dr. Robert Gormley, Medical Class of 1964 in recognition of Ms. Gormley’s contribution to student education during her association with the Department of Microbiology. The donor thanks the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial assistance to undergraduate and graduate students at the Faculty of Medicine with an interest in microbiology.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered as an undergraduate or graduate student at the Faculty of medicine of the University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate an interest in microbiology.
- Value of the award: Minimum $2,500
- Number of awards: Variable
- Frequency of the award: Annual
- Level or program of study: Undergraduate and graduate
- Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
- Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries;
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a letter from the applicant (max. 500 words) summarizing their interest in microbiology.
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program