Clarey B. Sproule Memorial Fund (742200300301)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Clarey B. Sproule Memorial Fund
This fund has been established in memory of Clarey B. Sproule, by his family, friends, former students and colleagues, and members of the Bench and Bar. Clarey Sproule (1927-1990) taught from 1977-1990 at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section. Professor Sproule will be remembered as a lawyer with the highest of ethical standards and for his contribution and dedication to the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic, formerly the University of Ottawa Student Legal Aid Society, where he was a Review Counsel.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to student members of the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered in the JD program or the Joint Accreditation Program at the Faculty of Law of the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
4. be a student member of the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic.
Value of the award: Minimum $500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application deadline: February 28
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter from the student detailing his/her participation in the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic.