Dwyla Parks Toomath & Matt Anthony JD Scholarships (OTSS) (742220102025)
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS  )
Dwyla Parks Toomath & Matt Anthony
This scholarship was created by Ernest H. Toomath, graduate of the Common Law Class of 1970, in memory of Dwyla Parks Toomath & Matt Anthony, both of whom had an indelible impact on the donor’s life and career.
The donor thanks the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through its generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to students registered to the English JD Program at the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student in the English JD Program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence; and
5. be a Registered Nurse (certified through the College of Nurses of Ontario governing body), OR has or has had official status as a student athlete on the University of Ottawa Gee Gees football team (as determined by the CIS and OUA)
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual (commencing 2008-09)
Level of the Award: JD Program
Application Contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. if applicable, an official document attesting of the student’s status as a registered nurse; and
3. a short letter (max. 500 words) written by the applicant and detailing how he/she meets the criteria, including ambition in his/her academic and career plans.