Ann Denis Scholarship in Sociology (OSOTF) (722220101075)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Ann Denis Scholarship in Sociology
This fund was established by Ann Denis, during her tenure as Chair of the Department of Sociology. In establishing this fund, she acknowledges the important contribution that her university education has made in her life and the contribution that scholarships made during her studies.
The donor thanks the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions through their OSOTF initiative.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students enrolled in an honours degree in sociology and whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered full-time or part-time in an honours program in sociology at the School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies of the University Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
- have a CGPA of at least 7.0 (B+); and
- have demonstrated volunteer involvement and leadership in his/her community which can include the university community.
- Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000; up to the maximum of tuition fees.
- Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
- Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through uozone.uOttawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
- a letter from the applicant describing his/her volunteer involvement and leadership in the community.
 OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund
 OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program