Scotiabank Scholarships for International Studies in Common Law (OTSS) (742220101977)
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
Scotiabank Scholarships for
International Studies in Common Law
Scotiabank is one of North America's leading financial institutions and Canada's most international bank. Although their reach is global, their energies are focused on individual customers, employees, shareholders, and on building a strong community presence.
The University of Ottawa and Scotiabank share a common interest in nurturing youth, whose energy and ambition will shape our future. Scotiabank has demonstrated its commitment to supporting students through its generous investment in the University of Ottawa. Scotiabank’s support will help the University maintain its long-term commitment to providing the best education for our students.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, with a focus on international studies.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time or part-time student in an undergraduate program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, with a focus on international studies;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules; and
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
Value of the award: Minimum $5,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a short paragraph demonstrating that the applicant’s studies focus on international studies.