Welton Beauchamp Nixon Scholarship-Merit (722220101159)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF  )
Welton Beauchamp Nixon Scholarship
This scholarship fund was created by Lionel Beauchamp (BCom ‘72), president of Welton Beauchamp Nixon Inc. Mr. Beauchamp was a volunteer for the University of Ottawa’s Vision Campaign. When he created this fund in 1997, he was a member of the University’s Board of Governors and received the Trudeau Medal, the most prestigious honour awarded by the Telfer School of Management. This honour recognizes the leadership and initiative of recipients and their commitment to promote the expansion of their own business, the community and their alma mater.
The founder of this fund appreciates the matching contribution of the Government of Ontario through its Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund program.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full-time student in the third or fourth year of the B.Com program (Marketing option) at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules, with a preference to residents of the Ottawa region;
4. have a minimum CGPA of 6.0; and
5. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
No application is required; the scholarship will be awarded automatically.