Tito Scaiano Scholarship for Canadian and Permanent Residents (712240101824)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Tito Scaiano Scholarship
for Canadian and Permanent Residents
This fund was established in 2004 by Dr.Tito Scaiano, a Professor of Chemistry since 1991 at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Science. In 2000, he was awarded the Distinguished Professor Award by the University, the first professor appointed to this rank.
Dr. Scaiano wishes to thank and acknowledge the following contributors to this fund:
• the University of Ottawa for matching the contribution that launched this fund;
• NSERC Ontario;
• Distinguished Professor Award; and
• the many private donations for doubling the fund’s capital.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To financially support graduate students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, and who are registered at the Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
2. be registered for five years or less as a full-time student in a graduate program at the Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences of the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate academic excellence; and
4. not have previously received a substantial national-level graduate scholarship such as those awarded by NSERC or the Vanier-Canada Graduate Scholarship.
Value of the award: Minimum $5,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. an unofficial copy of the applicant’s transcript;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
3. two letters of recommendation sent by email to chmchair@uOttawa.ca.