Terry-Anne Dolan Memorial Scholarship (722200300606)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Terry-Anne Dolan Memorial Scholarship
The Terry-Anne Dolan Memorial Scholarship was established in memory of Terry-Anne Dolan by her family and friends. Terry-Anne Dolan, aged 21, was a student in the Department of Geography at the University of Ottawa when she died in 1993. The Northern Field Bursary was also created by the Dolan Family in 1994. In 2015, both bursary funds were merged to create the Terry-Anne Dolan Memorial Scholarship.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to undergraduate students at the Department of Geography, Environment and Geomatics who demonstrate financial need, good academic standing and an interest for northern research.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at the Department of Geography, Environment and Geomatics of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate academic excellence;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- demonstrate an interest in northern or cold region research.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- a letter from the applicant detailing his/her interest in northern or cold region research.