Sam Odjick Scholarship (742200100411)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND
Sam Odjick Scholarship
This scholarship honours the memory of Sam Odjick, who died tragically in 1987. His Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Ottawa was awarded posthumously in June 1988. He also attended Carleton University where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to a student studying in the LL.L. or JD program at the Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, who has demonstrated a commitment to promoting the advancement of the law as it relates to Aboriginal people.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student in the LL.L. or JD program at the Faculty of Law;
2. demonstrate financial need as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
3. have a good academic record;
4. be a member of the First Nations of Canada; and
5. have contributed to First Nations groups in Canada.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter outlining affiliation with and contribution to First Nations groups in Canada (max. 500 words).