Pierre C. Bélanger Canadian Media and Emerging Technologies Bursary (712240302629)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
This fund was created by Pierre C. Bélanger, full professor at the Department of Communication of the Faculty of Arts, whose research deals with the “net-amorphosis” of Canada’s major media groups in the wake of the rise of digital technologies and platforms.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award a scholarship to students registered in a graduate program (with the research paper or thesis option) in Communication at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa, who are conducting research in the field of Canadian media.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full-time student in a graduate program (with the research paper or thesis option) in Communication at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
3. have taken courses in English and French as part of their program; and
4. conduct research in the field of Canadian media (any process or platform allowing for the distribution, broadcasting or communication of works, documents, sound or audiovisual messages including: the press, film, posters, radio broadcasting, television broadcasting, videography, cable broadcasting, computer communications or telecommunications).
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: Department of Communication
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and must include:
- a summary of the applicant’s research in the field of Canadian media; and
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript.