Phillippe Côté Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101354)
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
Phillippe Côté Scholarship (Sports)
This fund is established by the Faculty of Administration, now called the Telfer School of Management, in honour of Phillippe Côté, quarterback for the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees (seasons 1996-97 to 2000-2001) and a business administration student. Mr. Côté was named the 1999 recipient of the Hec Crighton Award, as the Most Outstanding Canadian university football player. In addition, he received a certificate and medal of excellence from the Mayor of Ottawa in recognition of his outstanding achievements. The Telfer School of Management thanks the donors (University of Ottawa, Students Association in Administration and individuals) for their financial support and the Government of Ontario for the matching contribution through its Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund program.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students athletes registered in second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at the Telfer School of Management and whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time in second, third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at the Telfer School of Management;
2. be a student athlete (as determined by the OUA, CIS and RSEQ) and a member of a Gee-Gees sports team;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. demonstrate leadership in sports, community or university life.
Value of the Award: Variable
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: June 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.
 OTSS: Ontario Trust Student Support