Children's Aid Foundation of Ottawa Dare to Dream Bursary - OTSS (762220100890)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN OTSS ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS)
Dare to Dream Bursary
The Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa provides educational and life-enrichment opportunities that enhance a child’s physical, social, mental and developmental well-being. The Dare to Dream Bursary at the University of Ottawa is an educational bursary for youth who are, or who have been, in the care of The Children's Aid Society of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The Dare to Dream Bursary provides financial support for youth currently or formerly in the care of the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa who wish to further their education to fulfill their dreams. This bursary is awarded to those who have demonstrated the academic ability, and more importantly the dream of pursuing a post-secondary education.
The applicant must:
- be registered as a full-time student in a program at the University of Ottawa;
- be 24 years old or younger at the time of the application;
- meet the Ontario residency requirement, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
- be or have been crown wards within the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa (CASO) sometime during their lifetime; and
- be in good academic standing (a cumulative grade point average of 6.0 and above in the case of undergraduate students).
Value of the award: Minimum $3,500
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate and graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- an unofficial copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
- a letter (max. one page) written by the applicant detailing how they meet the qualifications, and especially how they have seriously pursued their educational dream.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to contact the Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa at
613-745-1893 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to advise the Foundation of their intention to apply for this bursary. Applicants may also be identified on recommendation from the Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa.