Norton Rose Fulbright Canada Scholarship (CML) (742200300999)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada Scholarship
Established in 1879, Ogilvy Renault (now Norton Rose Fulbright Canada)’s dedication to excellence has earned this firm an enviable reputation both nationally and internationally. Norton Rose Fulbright Canada has grown steadily and successfully to become one of Canada’s leading business law firms, with offices in Canada, and in the United Kingdom.
PURPOSE OF FUND
The Norton Rose Fulbright Canada Scholarship is awarded to two second-year Common Law students who demonstrate academic excellence and teamwork.
The applicant must:
- be registered as a full-time undergraduate student in second year at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, at the University of Ottawa;
- demonstrate academic excellence; and
- demonstrate a sense of team spirit by working in partnership with students and professors alike within the Faculty.
- Value of the Award: $2 000
- Number of Awards: two (1 French program recipient, 1 English program recipient)
- Frequency of the Award: Annual
- Level of the Award: JD
Application Contact: Financial Aid Administrator, Common Law Section
Application deadline: October 31
- Once first year grades are available, the Common Law Section will invite all students who have completed the first year of the JD program within the top 10% of the class to apply for this award.
- Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include a letter from the applicant on the topic of how his/her interactions with faculty and fellow students demonstrate his/her commitment to team spirit (maximum 300 words).