Normand Fortier Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101748)
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
Normand Fortier Scholarship
The Telfer School of Management established this fund in honour of retired Telfer Professor Normand Fortier using funds raised from the Telfer School’s Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament in 2003 and 2004. This scholarship is a symbol of the School’s appreciation for M. Fortier’s significant contribution to the Telfer School’s community, and to the student experience.
M. Fortier’s name is synonymous with Les Jeux de Commerce and Place à la jeunesse, and he has served as a trusted advisor, advocate and ambassador of the School. This dynamic former faculty member continues to share his business expertise with various community organizations including Théâtre du Trillium, Réseau des services de santé en français de l’est de l’Ontario, La Cité collégiale and La Nouvelle Scène. His unwavering leadership and volunteerism both at the School and in the broader community stand as a wonderful example for all our students.
M. Fortier has since made donations to support the fund created in his honour and he continues to be very involved in the Telfer School.
The donors thank the Government of Ontario, which helped to create this fund through its generous matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Recognize the leadership of the Telfer School of Management students who give their time to community groups or to student organizations at the Telfer School or the University of Ottawa, and who meet the eligibility criteria of the Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
- be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at the Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa;
- be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- participate in Telfer School of Management or University of Ottawa student activities, or in other community efforts, and/or demonstrate leadership, and/or maintain an excellent academic record.
Note: This scholarship is awarded alternately to a Francophone student (even year) and an Anglophone student (odd year).
Value of the Award: $3,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire;
- a non-official copy of the applicant’s academic transcript; and
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries, detailing their involvement in Telfer School of Management or University of Ottawa student activities, or in other community efforts .