Micheline Charbonneau-Séguin Scholarship in Recognition of an Outstanding Contribution to Enriching the Student Experience in Residence (762200102345)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Micheline Charbonneau-Séguin Scholarship in Recognition of an Outstanding Contribution to Enriching the Student Experience in Residence
Micheline Charbonneau-Séguin worked for uOttawa’s Housing Service for more than 30 years, including 10 as director. By establishing this scholarship, her long-time colleagues wanted to salute Ms. Charbonneau-Séguin’s unwavering commitment to orientation and community-life activities in residence.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Provide financial aid to a student who has shown exceptional leadership and community engagement as part of the residence-life team while maintaining excellent grades.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student at the University of Ottawa;
2. be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
3. be working for the residence-life service and have more than a year of experience in the position;
4. have an excellent academic record;
5. have an impeccable track record as a community counsellor or project leader; and
6. have shown leadership and initiative in residence as an idea person, a coordinator or a partner in one or more successful projects.
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: 1
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: All study levels
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Services
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include a letter describing the applicant’s achievements (leadership, community engagement, etc.) as a member of the residence-life team.