Michael Burgess Scholarship Fund in Fine Arts (OSOTF) (722220101170)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND ( OSOTF * )
Michael Burgess Scholarship Fund in Fine Arts
This fund was established by Michael Burgess, a well-known artist across Canada. Mr. Burgess has evolved into a musical icon in the Canadian entertainment industry, performing in theatre, musical theatre, on television and in film. While he was attending the University of Ottawa, various career paths beckoned, but it was his love of music that proved to be the strongest love of all. The donor thanks the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in fine arts registered at the Department of Theatre, the School of Music or the Department of Visual Arts in the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa and whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full-time at the Department of Theatre, the School of Music or the Department of Visual Arts at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
4. be in good academic standing.
Value of the Award: Minimum $500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.
* OSOTF : Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund