Marjorie Linden Scholarship (OTSS) (741220102223)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS  )
Marjorie Linden Scholarship
This fund was created by Martin Teplitsky in honour of Marjorie Linden. Mrs. Linden was a leader in the entertainment industry in Canada. She was the first female Vice President of CTV. After her retirement, she has actively pursued many charitable works. She is an outstanding Canadian. The founder of this fund thanks the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to students entering the first year English-language JD program of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be admitted full-time in the first year of the English-language JD Program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. demonstrate academic excellence;
5. demonstrate an interest in social justice issues.
Value of the Award: Minimum $2,500
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: JD
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: May1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a brief statement demonstrating the applicant’s interest in social justice issues