Tara Players Margit Tauchner Scholarship for Irish Theatre Studies (762200300894)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
Tara Players Margit Tauchner Scholarship
for Irish Theatre Studies
Tara Players Theatre of Ottawa has been promoting Irish theatre for over thirty-five years. Margit Tauchner has served as Treasurer or on the Executive Committee of the Company for much of this time. In recognition of her contributions to Tara Players, this scholarship was established for the programs of the Department of Theatre of the University of Ottawa
PURPOSE OF FUND
To raise awareness of Irish theatre in Canada and Ireland by assisting students at the Department of Theatre.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student in a program at the Department of Theatre of the University of Ottawa; and
3. intend to complete an independent study or activity relating to Irish theatre. This could consist of a literature review and summary of an Irish theatre topic, participation in the cast or crew of an Irish theatre production, travel to Ireland to participate in theatre activities there, or other similar contribution to Irish theatre. The independent study or activity must be supervised by a designated Department of Theatre faculty member.
Note: The recipient will be asked to produce a brief report to the Selection Committee on the completed studies or activities
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual, according to the available income
Level or program of study: All levels
Application contact: Department of Theatre
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript; and
2. a proposal (max. 500 words) for an independent study or activity relating to Irish theatre; and
3. a letter of confirmation from the applicant’s supervisor.