Logan Katz LLP Scholarship-Merit (722220101353)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
Logan Katz LLP Scholarship
Logan Katz is a forward-looking accounting firm, providing high-quality accounting, taxation and financial services to corporate and individual clients. If you are looking for an accounting firm that combines skills and knowledge with dedication, courtesy and consideration, you have come to the right place.
At Logan Katz, quality is as much a measure of accuracy and attention to detail as it is demonstrating respect for the interests and objectives of every client.
Logan Katz LLP is led by a dynamic team of highly-experienced professionals, with top-notch expertise in their respective areas. In line with the firm’s mission to be the best accounting firm, serving small to medium-sized companies and organizations, as well as individuals, throughout Eastern Ontario and Western Québec, each team member is committed to providing exceptional service that goes above and beyond the expectations of our clients.
This fund was established in 2000 by the two founding partners of Logan Katz LLP, David Logan, C.A. (Telfer B.Com 1980) and Gary Katz, C.A., and this local firm is an active employer, and is committed to the community.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to accounting students of the Telfer School of Management.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full-time student in the second, third or fourth year of the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) program with a specialization in Accounting at the Telfer School of Management;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. demonstrate academic excellence.
Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
No application is required; the scholarship will be awarded automatically.