John Spencer Hill English Scholarship (762220101180)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF  )
John Spencer Hill English Scholarship
John Spencer Hill was a much-loved colleague and teacher in the Department of English at the University of Ottawa. Professor Hill was an active scholar in Renaissance and Romantic studies and also an accomplished writer of mystery novels. During his years at the University, he served as both Graduate Director and Chair of the English Department - thereby becoming acutely aware of the financial needs of students in the Department. Given his enormous popularity as an instructor, it is most fitting that a scholarship fund intended to aid English students financially should be named in his honour. The founding donors thank the Alumni Association of the University of Ottawa and the Government of Ontario for their matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in the Department of English whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full-time student in a program at the Department of English of the University of Ottawa;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. have a minimum CGPA of 8.0.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate and graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.