John Paul II Scholarship in Polish (722200302723)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
John Paul II Scholarship in Polish
The scholarship, named in honour of one of Poland’s greatest sons, Saint John Paul II, is intended to commemorate the pontiff’s ardent love of foreign languages.
PURPOSE OF FUND
Assist undergraduate or graduate students who have exhibited scholarly excellence in their study of Polish language and literature within the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures of the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time student and have completed 2 courses (6 credits) in Polish Language and Literature at the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa; and
3. demonstrate scholarly excellence in their study of Polish language and literature.
Value of the award: Minimum $1,000
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate or graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
2. an unofficial copy of the applicant’s university transcript.