James E. Orban Scholarship Fund (OTSS) (762220101983)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND (OTSS  )
JAMES E. ORBAN SCHOLARSHIP FUND
James E. Orban is President and CEO of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute Foundation. He holds an MBA (1998) from the University of Ottawa and had 37-year career in the media business, retiring as Publisher of the Ottawa Citizen in 2010. His business career was paralleled by active participation with more than 30 community organizations. Jim Orban received Trudeau Medal in 2004, and has been a member of the Dean’s Advisory Board since 2005. The donors wish to thank the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in need as well as to recognize students who are enrolled in the Telfer School of Management, who demonstrate leadership and who are involved in community or student organizations within the Telfer School of Management or within the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full-time student at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa
4. maintain a minimum CGPA of 7.0;
5. demonstrate leadership; and
6. be involved in a student body within the Telfer School of Management or the University of Ottawa, or be involved in the community.
Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000
Number of Awards: Variable
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Levels of the Award: Undergraduate and graduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include the Financial Questionnaire.