Gustave and Marie Lanctôt Scholarship (712241300809)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWED FUND
PURPOSE OF FUND
Award scholarships to two graduate students specializing in Canadian history in the Department of History at the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
- be registered as a full-time student in a graduate program at the Department of History of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa;
- specialize in Canadian history;
4. identify French as their first language; and
5. agree to present their thesis or dissertation in French OR take at least half of their courses in French, depending on their program.
Value of the award: Variable
Number of awards: Two
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
1. a non-official copy of the applicant’s transcript;
2. a letter from the applicant (max. 500 words) describing their specialization in Canadian history; and
3. a written statement from the applicant saying they agree to present their thesis or dissertation in French (if applicable).