McDermott Family Scholarship (OTSS) (741220102229)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OTSS  )
McDermott Family Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Edward T. McDermott in appreciation of the excellent legal education his daughter, Kelly Michelle McDermott, received at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section, and in memory of Gabriel Tsampalieros, a great friend and alumnus of the Common Law Section who passed away in 2009.
The donor thanks the Government of Ontario which helped create this fund through its generous matching contributions.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial support to students entering the first year of the English JD Program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa, whose education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with the protected/refugee status;
2. be registered as a full or part-time student in the first year of the English JD Program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
3. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP  rules;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
5. have a sound academic record; and
6. demonstrate an interest in labour and employment law.
Value of the Award: Variable
Number of Awards: One
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: May 1
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca/ , and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter from the applicant describing their interest in labour and employment law.