Valentini & Morgan Family Scholarship (OSOTF) (742220101890)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF ENDOWMENT FUND (OSOTF * )
Valentini & Morgan Family Scholarship
This scholarship was created by George Valentini and Ann Morgan, graduates of the Common Law Class of 1982, in appreciation for the excellent legal education they received at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section. The donors wish to thank the Government of Ontario (through its Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund program) and the law firm Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP for their matching donations.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to single parent students at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section whose access to legal education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be registered as a full or part-time student at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
2. be an Ontario resident, as per OSAP** rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
4. be a single parent
Value of the Award: Minimum $1,000
Number of Awards: Maximum 2
Frequency of the Award: Annual
Level of the Award: Undergraduate
Application Contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application Deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a written declaration of the applicant’s single parenthood.
* OSOTF: Ontario Student Opportunity Trust Fund.
** OSAP: Ontario Student Assistance Program