Pagé-Valin Family Scholarship (OSOTF) (722220101887)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ENDOWED FUND
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF)
This fund was established in 2004 to honour the Pagé and Valin families, whose members have studied or worked at the University of Ottawa since the late 1800s. The scholarship is offered by Louise Pagé-Valin, who studied and worked at the University of Ottawa for over 30 years and retired as associate vice-president, human resources.
The donor wishes to thank the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students in need registered at the Telfer School of Management of the University of Ottawa.
The applicant must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- be enrolled, either full time or part time, in a BCom program in human resources management or in management, in the certificate in human resources management, OR in the doctoral program in human resources management and organizational behaviour at the Telfer School of Management;
- meet the Ontario residency requirement, as per OSAP rules;
- demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
- contribute to the university community or to the community at large as a volunteer in recreational or social activities that benefit these communities.
Value of the award: Minimum $2,000
Number of awards: Variable
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: BCom, certificate and PhD
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal, and should include:
- the Financial Questionnaire; and
- the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries
In the case of multiple candidates meeting the base requirements, the selection committee will select the recipient based on the award policies and standard criteria used by the Telfer School of Management at the time of selection.