Gregory Kane Family Scholarship (OSOTF) (742220101802)
TITLE OF ENDOWED FUND (OSOTF  )
Gregory Kane Family Scholarship
This scholarship was established by Gregory Kane, Q.C. (LL.B. 1969) in appreciation for the excellent legal education he received at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.
The donor wishes to thank the Government of Ontario who helped create this fund through their generous matching contribution.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section whose legal education would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be registered full or part-time to the JD program at the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section of the University of Ottawa;
2. meet the Ontario residency requirement, as per OSAP  rules;
3. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa;
4. have a sound academic record; and
5. demonstrate a commitment to community development (domestic or international) through volunteer or other activity.
Value of the award: Minimum $2,250
Number of awards: One
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: JD
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire;
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries; and
3. a personal letter or a letter from a person familiar with the applicant’s volunteer or other activity, describing their involvement in community development.