Navan Lions Club Science Scholarship (722200302768)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR AN ANNUAL FUND
NAME OF ANNUAL FUND
Navan Lions Club Science Scholarship
This fund was established in memory of Dr. JerryCalver by his family and friends at the Navan Lions Club. Dr. Calver’s community was important to him; he was a life member of the Navan Lions Club and founding member of the Navan Curling Club. Besides his commitment to Navan village, he was passionate about his scientific work at Health Canada, the World Health Organization, in Biologics as well as his teaching at the University of Ottawa.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to an undergraduate or a graduate student in a Chemistry or Biochemistry program at the Faculty of Science.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person of protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in a Chemistry or Biochemistry program at the Faculty of Science of the University of Ottawa;
3. be in good academic standing;
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa; and
5. demonstrate a commitment to service to their community through volunteer activities.
Value of the award: $1,000
Number of awards: 1
Frequency of the award: Annual
Level or program of study: Undergraduate or graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through https://scholarships.uottawa.ca, and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. the Curriculum Vitae on Online Scholarships and Bursaries.