Bessie Ewen Scholarship for Students in the Graduate Diploma in Music Performance (712200101799)
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR A NON-ENDOWED FUND
NAME OF NON-ENDOWED FUND
Bessie Ewen Scholarship for Students in the
Graduate Diploma in Music Performance
The Bessie Ewen Scholarship was created by Avi and Dora Morrow. Music has always played a significant role in Mrs. Ewen’s life. During her retirement, she decided to enrich her knowledge of music by attending many lectures at the University of Ottawa. Professor Henry Bonnenberg was one of the teachers who gave her the passion for music. Mrs. Bessie Ewen was proud to say that the University of Ottawa has enriched her life by giving her the opportunity to discover the world of music.
PURPOSE OF FUND
To provide financial assistance to students enrolled in the Graduate Diploma in Music Performance at the School of Music of the University of Ottawa, whose studies would otherwise be compromised.
The applicant must:
1. be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, a person with the protected/refugee status or an international student;
2. be registered in the Graduate Diploma in Music Performance at the School of Music of the Faculty of Arts at the University of Ottawa;
3. demonstrate an interest in a career in music performance; and
4. demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid and Awards Service of the University of Ottawa.
Value of scholarship: $500
Number of scholarships: 2
Frequency of the scholarship: Annual
Level or program of study: Graduate
Application contact: Financial Aid and Awards Service
Application deadline: October 31
Note: If only one applicant is eligible, one scholarship of $1,000 can be awarded.
Applications must be made through Online Scholarships and Bursaries, which can be accessed through the uoZone portal and should include:
1. the Financial Questionnaire; and
2. a letter from the applicant summarizing their interest in pursuing a career in music performance.